|Protect Lake Travis Association Email Archives Homepage
Welcome to the PLTA email archives. If you did not find this site from our normal website, be sure you visit www.protectlaketravis.org
for more information about Protect Lake Travis Association and the issues confronting Lake Travis and the Highland Lakes. For up to date information, also see our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ProtectLakeTravis
- 9/17/2013 PLTA eNews: Annual Meeting Reminder
- 8/26/2013 PLTA eNews: Annual Meeting, Lake Cleanup
- PLTA annual meeting will be Sept. 24th; Lake Travis Cleanup will be Sept. 15th; Zebra mussels; Dock safety during floods; Water reclamation expanded
- 4/24/2012 PLTA eNews: Fraser, Wedig, Water Monitors, Septic Permits
- Senator Troy Fraser to speak in Lakeway on Thursday; John Wedig joins PLTA board; Thanks to volunteers at CRWN; Septic inspections/permits required on home sales
- CTWC Jan 12th Meeting Notice - Sent 01/03/2012
- 9/25/11 PLTA eNews - Meeting Reminder
- Tuesday, Sept. 27th at the West Service Center. Presentation by CTWC. LCRA's Becky Motal is the featured speaker.
- 9/08/2011 Notice: PLTA Annual Meeting Will Be Sept. 27, 2011
- LCRA General Manager, Becky Motal, will be the featured speaker.
- Sept. 05, 2011 Special Notice - Lake Travis Main Basin Closed
- Due to water extractions by aircraft for fire fighting efforts, LCRA has closed a 5 mile stretch of Lake Travis.
- April 06, 2011 PLTA eNews Issue16
- Meeting Notice - Floating Habitable Structures on April 13; Update on Burnet wastewater plan, six-month recap; Bob Vann honored.
- September 02, 2010 PLTA eNews Issue 15
- Reminder - PLTA annual meeting is Sept. 9, 2010. Lake Travis Cleanup is Sept. 12th.
- Meeting Notice PLTA/LTCC Sept 9, 2010 at 7PM
- Tom Mason is the featured speaker. The joint meeting will be held at the Travis County West Service Center near Mansfield Dam at 7PM on Thursday, September 9th.
- July 07, 2010 PLTA eNews Issue 14
- TCEQ Adopts Water Quality Standards; Burnet Discharge Permit; Drugs in Wastewater
- May 24, 2010 PLTA eNews Issue 13
- Residents oppose Burnet's effluent; Lake Travis Community Coaltion Kick-Off; Endangered mussels affected by water quality and flow
- April 16, 2010 PLTA eNews Issue 12
- TCEQ's response to public comments on Burnet permit; API pollutants in wastewater; PLTA now on Facebook
- April 09, 2010 PLTA eNews Issue 11
- TCEQ seeks to lower Surface Water Quality Standards; Update on Burnet's discharge plans ; HEB-EarthShare tear pad donations during April; LCRA responds to Leander
- March 08, 2010 PLTA eNews Issue10
- TCEQ sends a response to public comments on LCRA water sales to Leander; Reminder to attend LCRA public meeting; LCRA pursues contracts with domestic lake water users; PLTA history
- Feb. 07, 2010 PLTA eNews Issue 9
- PLTA and others address Burnet discharge concerns; Drugs in our drinking water; LCRA requests input on draft Water Supply Plan
- Dec 30, 2009 PLTA eNews Issue 8
- Public Meeting on Burnet discharge permit; PLTA visits Burnet; Donate to PLTA online
- Dec 16, 2009 PLTA eNews Issue 7
- Recap of last month; Update on City of Burnet's plans to discharge into Hamilton Creek; Popular Science article on EDCs; Donate to PLTA online.
- Nov 08, 2009 PLTA eNews Issue 6
- LCRA Board to consider drought management recommendations; More on Burnet discharge plans; Additional opposition to Leander's plan to discharge into Lake Travis
- Oct 31, 2009 PLTA eNews Issue 5
- TCEQ staff recommends denial of the Leander/Granite Shoals petition to allow discharge; City of Austin, LCRA and others state opposition as well
- Oct 28, 2009 PLTA eNews Issue 4
- Travis County approves resolution opposing lifting of the Highland Lakes discharge ban
- Oct 24 2009 PLTA eNews Issue 3
- Updates on the discharge threats, including City of Burnet's application for an additional 1M GPD into Hamilton Creek / Lake Travis; New LCRA FAQ
- Oct 11 2009 PLTA eNews Issue 2
- More information on the threat of effluent dischage
- Oct 06 2009 PLTA eNews Issue 1
- Information of the threat of wastewater effluent discharges into Lake Travis and the Highland Lakes
|Protect Lake Travis Association|
13359 Fm 2769
Austin, Texas 78726